IN-SERVICE PROVIDED to our Communities and Caregivers
United Hospice and Palliative Care of Arizona offers continued educational opportunities and in-services to all of our employees so they will always have the most up to date information regarding disease processes and comfort care, leading to the highest level of quality, patient-centered and family-centered care. We also believe in offering education to our communities and caregivers. It is through education you are able to understand the care our hospice team provides, and the disease process and progression for your loved one is diagnosed with. With United Hospice and Palliative Care, you are not alone.
United Hospice & Palliative Care of AZ also offers Caregiver Bereavement Support to the communities that have been home & family to our patients.
Some of the in-service educational opportunities we provide include:
- Hospice 101: The Regulations; The heart; How we team with you
- Body Mechanics for Safety
- COVID-19: The latest information on how to protect yourself & residents
- Cancer: What to expect as the disease progresses
- Cardiac: Tips on nutrition, hydration, exercise, preserving energy, what to watch for
- COPD: Tips on nutrition, hydration, exercise, preserving energy
- Dementia: The who, what, when, & how of care, re-directing, exercise, & safety
- Fall Prevention: Keeping residents safe
- Nutrition/Hydration: Tips for healthy eating & hydration for the elderly
- Parkinson’s Disease: What to expect as the disease progresses
- Urinary Tract Infections/UTI: The how, why, and prevention of UTIs
- Wound Prevention: The who, how, & prevention of pressure wounds